The Greater Pine Bush Partnership is committed to proactively keeping our teens safe and drug-free this New Year’s Eve and all year round. Our children are our greatest gift and we wanted to suggest some New Year’s resolutions that we can all adopt to make 2017 a safe and drug free year.
· Let’s be role models: Kids and teens receive conflicted messages about alcohol use during New Year's celebrations. Find an alcohol-free celebration to attend, or use the occasion to demonstrate responsible drinking.
· Let’s be mindful: Remember to keep the families who have lost loved ones to drug and alcohol addiction in our thoughts. Holidays and celebrations can be particularly difficult for these families.
· Let’s be supportive: Rally around those who struggle everyday with drug and alcohol addiction. Help make 2017 a turning point in their lives.
· Let’s be proactive: Secure all alcohol and prescription drugs to keep them out of the hands of children and young adults. Dispose of unused prescription drugs at a local police station - just drop them in the prescription drug take-back bin.
· Let’s be vigilant: Monitor all house parties to make sure there is no underage drinking. Set clear expectations, whether the party is at a friend’s house or yours.
· Let's’ be educated: Take time to understand addiction and substance abuse disorders and what you can do to bring about change in your community.
it takes all of us